Protect victims of all abuse in particular domestic violence - Petition

List of Petitions Online

Protect victims of all abuse in particular domestic violence - Petition

Unread postby Protest Fairy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Protect victims of all abuse in particular domestic violence - Petition Protect victims of all abuse in particular domestic violence - Petition Protect victims of all abuse in particular domestic violence - Petition Bolton County Court, Helen Grant MP, David Cameron, Nick Clegg: Protect victims of all abuse in particular domestic violence.

A victim of domestic violence should not be placed in contempt of court and face prison because they will not divulge their flee address to an abuser.

On the 1st November 2010 I along with my two children escaped after enduring 21 years of domestic violence/abuse. I secured an anti molestation order, gave evidence against my now ex husband in court and he was convicted of battery and I was awarded a two year restraining order.

In December of 2012 my ex contacted me after I released Choices-The Darker Years and threatened me, everything was screen shot, the police contacted and he was arrested he later appeared in court and pleaded guilty to breaking the restraining order. The court issued me with another order for another 2 years.

I am now in a dreadful position and hope that you will support me and every other victim out there.

The Civil Courts, Mr Monaghan in particular have placed me in contempt of court because I will not divulge my flee address, my phone number and bank statements which include details of my flee location as I have withdrawn money from a cash machine across the road. I have fully disclosed to the court which they then passed on to my abuser which resulted in her forcing her way into my home and assaulting me, she is now on bail with conditions attached. (I did ask that the court not give her a copy of the disclosure but was told that what the Judge sees she sees.)

Yesterday I attended court once again and advised that I would fully cooperate and provide the details in a sealed envelope to a Judge as long as my abuser was not made privy to this information - my flee address in particular. Mr Monaghan, the court manager totally disregarded my need for safety, my statement of truth and my suggestion that they place an attachement on my income support and has told me "wait for the knock on the door" as a warrant has now been issued for my arrest and I will "be committed to Her Majesty's Prison Styal for a period of 14 days."

To confirm - I, a victim of domestic violence deemed as high risk will be arrested and go to prison for 14 days because I refuse to give an abuser my flee address, an address that is used quite regularly! I am being sent to prison for wanting to protect the life I now have, a life free from abuse for myself and my girls, I am being sent to prison for protecting what is EVERYONE'S HUMAN RIGHT!

I strongly believe that a massive injustice has been uncovered and that victims are being put directly in danger by our justice system and courts and so I do this not only for myself but for every victim out there.

A VICTIM SHOULD NEVER BE SENT TO PRISON FOR WITHOLDING A FLEE ADDRESS AND IMPORTANT PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WOULD PUT THEM AND THEIR CHILDREN AT GRAVE RISK, WHAT IF THIS FLEE ADDRESS WAS A REFUGE?!

Thank you for your support.

Eve Thomas/Heather Simpson

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ ... e_petition

Email: evethomas@evethomas.co.uk

Founder of #OneVoice Never Silenced
Protest Fairy

Return to Petitions